Monday, July 20, 2009

This Week....

I have a busy, exciting week ahead. It's Monday meeting day...you know how I enjoy that. It's just great to have the team together and share victories the Lord has given us. This meeting will be a little sad for me. Pastor Justin and Hope won't be there. Yesterday was their last day as they are moving to Mississippi. Pastor Justin and I have a unique bond and it was a tearful goodbye last night.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Iowa! It's gonna be a very quick trip but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll arrive Tuesday late afternoon at the Main house where Amy has arranged a little get together of old friends and a pot luck dinner! Amy is ALWAYS doing something special for me even though I live 10 hours from her. Her birthday is Friday. Maybe I should bake a chocolate cake before I leave town.

Wednesday morning I'm up early and off to the Iowa Assemblies of God campground ~ Sunstream Retreat Center where week two of kid's camp is happening! I am beyond excited to see my boy! Keaton has been there all summer ministering and working super hard. The campground has undergone a major renovation so I'm looking forward to checking it out. To top it all off, I get to preach the morning chapel on Wednesday! It will be so cool to see all of my old camp buddies, too. Pastor Laurie Rich, who is one of my best friends, will be there along with other great friends, Pastor Kevin and Trudy Umphress, Pastor Brian Bopp aka BBopp, Pastor Heath and Ali Adamson and many more.

Thursday it's back to Des Moines to pick up our Character Connex kit! This investment will help me to get into our schools and do character building assemblies and build even deeper relationships with our community. I'm so thankful our church was supportive of the purchase and for the favor I have gained in the schools. I'll get to see another one of my bestest friends on Thursday! Judy is a pal from my days at Parkview Middle School. We are sisters of the heart. She is one of those people I can say anything to and know she doesn't judge and can keep a confidence. Those people are rare in the life of a person let alone a pastor.

I am the most blessed person to have so many incredible friends. I'm really hoping to see some other folks like the Albers tribe and the Lively clan. It's such a quick trip I will have to be a good steward of my time to fit it all in.

Friday morning it's back on the road. I'll be traveling alone as Randy is holding down the fort and making preparations to start his new job next Monday. We have a big all church work day next Saturday so I want to be back to lend a hand in that. We will be starting the process of painting the school bus! Woot woot. Can't wait to see the finished product and start picking up even more kids for church.

2 comments:

Truders said...

So nice to see you!! What a joy to hear you at chapel on Wednesday morning!! Your awesome!

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks Trudy! It was so great to see you and Pastor Kevin! Nothing like old friends!