Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Coasting...NO Way!

Summer...in ministry, it's a time when some churches "coast" because of summer attendance numbers usually going down. But I have this urgency today that this summer is an important time for the kid's department at WFA. It's not a time to coast, it's a time to dig our feet in and work hard at reaching our community. It's a time to rethink a few things, rework, recruit, rewire the circuits, renew commitments, and rely on God to show us how. It's time to ask some tough questions about our effectiveness and then listen to what God is speaking to us. I don't want this ministry to be my plan, but God's plan. I am ultimately accountable to Him for the "job" He has called me to do and I don't want to stand before Him with excuses, ifs or buts.

I'm praying for the Lord to inspire me with the most creative ideas He has ever given me. I'm praying for favor in our community. I'm praying for people who act upon the prompting of the Holy Spirit to minister to kids. I'm praying for miraculous resources provided to do all the things He speaks to me. I'm praying for divine appointments. I'm praying for health to get it all done. And I believe that it will be such a God thing that only He will get honor and praise; not WFA, not any person or program! I use a Mark Batterson expression a lot, "I'm gonna work like it depends on me but pray like it depends on God."

I'll let someone else "coast"...as for me...let's get 'er done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I'd like to contact you about children's minitry resources. Please email me at smoreira@demossgroup.com. Thank you!

Katrina, Bible Games Blogger said...

I have to say—summer has never been a time for me to coast, unfortunately! But that's probably because I'm in charge of the vacation Bible school. For me, summer is one of my busiest times as a children's minister. You've given me just the inspiration I need to tackle this next session of VBS. Good luck to you and thanks for the motivation!

Anonymous said...

you are "coasting" on your blog posts! :)

Millwork Toronto said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

Massage Chairs for Sale said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts

Party Supplies Oshawa said...

The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

Animal Hospital in Orange ville said...

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

spa toronto said...

A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors.

Animation courses said...

MAAC institute, MAAC, Animation education, Animation courses, 3D animation, Visual effects Courses, 3D animation Courses in New Delhi, 3D animation institutes, Animation institute, Animation Institutes in Faridabad, Animation Institutes in new Delhi, Animation Colleges in New Delhi, Animation Colleges in Faridabad, Best Animation education in New Delhi, Top Animation courses, Top 3D animation Courses in New Delhi, Top 3D animation institutes