Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Family Camp

I had the honor of preaching three kid's services at Sunstream Retreat Center, our Assembly of God campground here in Iowa. It was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it. There were only about 27 kids the first two services but almost 40 for the last one.

I preached a couple of sermons that I had done at DM Christian School on being lion chasers, and on trusting God. Sunday night, I preached on wisdom. The kids were so great and I think they enjoyed the services. My good friend, Pastor Bud, is usually the family camp kid's speaker but he had anther commitment. Those were hard shoes to fill!

I'll be back to the camp ground three more times this summer; twice for kid's camp leading the Junior Bible Quiz section and once to preach at a retreat for Pastor Heath Adamson's 7 Project team. I get to spend time with the kids of those who are on his leadership team. I LOVE kid's camp! I look forward to it more than Christmas! This will be my 13th summer doing camp. Randy loves to get rid of me for awhile! :)

0 comments: