Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Obion County Fair

Our church has a booth at the Obion County Fair. We are doing something simple for the second year in a row. We are giving a cup of cold water in Jesus' name. Free bottled water, a packet of church info with some candy in it, a friendly face and just an opportunity to be Jesus with skin on. Last night, I added some balloon animals and passed out some of my business cards. It's fun to watch the kid's faces when you tell them they can have a free balloon. Not much is free at the fair except boring business stuff that most kids could care less about. We will be at the fair three more nights. I'm praying for divine appointments and favor in our community. I want to be ready for that one person who may be at the fair that is hurting and open to a new friend. Lord, give me your eyes and ears tonight. Speak to me in the busyness of the evening so that I might show your love in a greater way.

0 comments: