Monday, June 28, 2010

Iowa

My brother Dan, sister Julie, me and brother Norman
Dylan and Jakob
Sister's boyfriend Mike, Julie, Norman and Shelley
Niece Kilee, Jakon and Dylan
My mom and Julie
Our beautiful great niece, Lillia
Two of my BEST friends, Lana and Judy with Randy
Our wonderful son, Keaton, beautiful niece Amanda and our wonderful daughter, Micaela!
Amanda and Lillia
One of Keaton's best buddies, Jacob
Randy and I had the opportunity to go back to Iowa for a few days. The main reason was for me to perform a wedding for two of my former kid's church kids, Jeremiah and Monica. The wedding went very well and it was such an honor to be a part of it.
We stayed with some of our best friends, Mark and Amy Main and their cutie girls, Isabella and Lisi. I also got to do both kid's services at our old church on Sunday morning and it was such a blast to work with Scott and Angela Albers once again! It felt like old times and is always great to reconnect with good friends and church family. Micaela came up for the weekend and Keaton was back from the campground so the whole family was together!!
Sunday afternoon, Mark and Amy hosted a BBQ for us so some friends could come a see us. Some had new babies we got to meet and all of the other kids have grown... it is hard to believe we have been gone long enough for they to have changed so much!

Monday, June 21, was our 30th wedding anniversary!! We spent the day driving to Sioux City to see my family which I hadn't seen in two years. It was a short visit but I'm so thankful to get to see everyone again. My twin nephews have grown soooo much and my niece had graduated from high school this spring. I even got to see my dear friend Pastor Laurie Rich who lives right down the street from my brother. Laurie has been a friend for about 20 years and was a mentor to me when I first felt called to be a children's pastor.

I'm so thankful to the Mains for their hospitality and to the Team at home who made it all possible to be gone.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Pastor Lori, it was tons of fun working side by side again! I have missed you very much my friend adn am blessed daily by your love and friendship! Love Angela