Saturday, January 29, 2011

Be Ready...Cuz You Never Know

I had a "be ready" reminder yesterday. I had a full day of errands for church and stopped by Build-a-Bear to give them a deposit for our Mini Missions Trip. I wanted to make sure all the details were covered so we could get 40 kids through the build -a-bear process in the 2 hour time table we set. I was speaking to an employee that I hadn't talked to before and was explaining our mission in coming there. For those of you who haven't read or heard, we are taking up to 40 elementary kids to Build-a-Bear on March 11. They will create a bear, dress it with a t-shirt and make a get well card to put in the box. We then are taking them to Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler and giving them to the pediatrics ward via the Children's Miracle Network. The kids are raising their own money to pay for the trip and purchase some additional gifts for the kids.

This young lady caught me a little off guard when I looked at her and she was tearing up. She was so touched by the mission that she had to compose herself before she could speak. She told me that was the sweetest thing and how much she loved the idea. I regained my clarity and shared the purpose and lesson behind the mission. We just want to show the love of Jesus to some kids who are suffering. We want to teach our kids the joy of giving and that there are more ways of telling people about Jesus than to get them to come through your church doors.

The exchange reminded me that we all need to be ready to share our faith because you never know what seemingly ordinary conversation will open a door. This girl couldn't wait to tell the other store clerk what was happening. I wonder how many other people she will relay our conversation to and if that God idea of a missions trip will unknowingly open someone's heart to knowing Jesus?

Lord, may you find us READY. Jesus, I need these reminders in my busy life that You will speak through me in ways I don't plan or purpose but when I'm ready you will use me. I will be able to be ready when I constantly seek you and am careful to heed your voice. Thanks for revealing this to me in a way that I needed and may all we say and do bring you glory and honor. Amen

2 comments:

mapa wifi espaƱa said...

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

Rastreator said...

Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.