Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Searching for Direction

It seems as though God may be making some changes in our lives once again. Have you ever had one of those seasons in your life where EVERYTHING seems to involve drama, decisions, tough choices and stirrings of your heart? Randy and I have come to the conclusion that we cannot limit God to using us just in Iowa. For the first time in my life, I am okay with the possibility of God moving us to some new place. I have always said I would be obedient to whatever God had for my life but I always had this little "but" that was said under my breath....but keep us in Iowa. I'm not packing a U-Haul just yet, maybe He wants us here...I'm just sayin'!

The things I DO know for sure are that I miss pastoring with all my being. Yes, I know God can and is using me as a nursery coordinator but it is not my passion. I DO know that God has a wonderful plan for me and Randy as it says in Jer. 29:11. I DO know that God will provide any and all resources that are needed. I DO know my kids are cool with whatever God has for us because they understand obedience and passion. I DO know I have the best husband in the world who says he'll go wherever God wants me to pastor! Thanks babe! I DO know that IF God chooses to move us, I am going to have get used to flying so I can visit all the wonderful friends we have living in Iowa and all across the US. I DO know that right now, I have perfect peace and I haven't felt that for awhile.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i am pretty sure that i heard a faint rumble from heaven that said, "thou shalt move to Nebraska!" after all, they say it's "The Good Life". iowa's only 10 minutes from my house! :)

Truders said...

Lori, oh how we will be praying for you. Many, many times we have been in that same place. It's a great feeling when your obedient to God and follow Him wherever He wants you to go. Wherever you move to it will be good because it will have God's blessing on it. We know that for a fact with the many friendships we built while being in Iowa. God is good!!

amain said...

I so love "truders" comment that "wherever you move to it will be good because it will have God's blessing on it". Man, there is just a sense of peace in that. You know we don't want you to move any further from our family than you already are, but we will support you and Randy all the way!

Cameyg said...

Lori,

Praying for you and your family! May God bless you indeed in your faithfulness to serve Him even if it means leaving.

Angela said...

I know all too well how hard it is to give over that last bit of control - but also know the blessings of it as well! I'll be praying for you guys and praying for God's direction in His perfect timing. I think Lindsay heard wrong - I think it was Houston! :-)

Unknown said...

oh no no. it was definitely Nebraska. i faintly heard the Cornhusker fight song. :) it. is. your. destiny.... :)