Monday, June 02, 2008

Party, Game and Dedication

We had a great weekend starting Friday night with one of "my kids" graduation party. I love to see all that the kids I have had the opportunity to minister accomplish through high school. We went to Monica's open house and got to catch up on all her news. She is going into nursing, which doesn't surprise me as she is a very compassionate person. She was awesome in Junior Bible Quiz...one of those kids that could memorize scripture as easily as some of us walk.

After the open house, we headed to an I-Cubs game courtesy of the Simpson College alum. It was a beautiful night for baseball. With our tickets, we each got $5 to spend at the concession stand! Nothing like a dog from the ball park! Good thing we had $10 towards our purchase...$16.50 for two brats and two diet cokes!! They also had fireworks that night.
Saturday at noon, we headed to Big Creek State Park. We had some more beautiful weather for a very important event. I had the honor of doing a baby dedication for one of my close friends, Jenn. We worked at the school together. She had her second son, Garrett, one year ago. It was great to see all her family again and get to be a part of such a personal celebration. I love to do baby dedications and it's even better when you are close to the family.

0 comments: