Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family Ministry

I have had some great conversations with some folks lately about family ministry and family type services. I have always felt like if I am to be an effective children's pastor, I need to minister to the whole family and empower parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes. I found a new children's ministry blog that had the best quote! Family events are awesome and can be done in a way to truly make a difference in living out their faith but events for just the sake of having them gets old fast.

Henry Zonio said this about family ministry, “We need to help families to allow God to change the entire story of their family rather than just giving them events or block quotes that they insert into their current story.”

That is a powerful statement. I want to minister in a way that helps people to live out their faith every day in practical, intentional, and evangelistic ways. I want to help them change their story!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. I noticed that you know Brian Bopp. My brother volunteered at the church in Lexington he was at. That was also the church I was at a few years before Brian started there (as a college student).