Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gotta Rant

I haven't had a good rant for awhile so here ya go. We just landed on Mars. Every time I hear about this kinda stuff, I get HOT. We spend millions and millions of dollars to travel in space and I personally think it's a huge waist! Oh, I know it's cool that we have the capability to do those things and that people are so incredibly smart to figure it all out but come on! There are tons of starving people, homeless children, people without health care and disasters all around us and we are spending money to scoop up some sand on Mars to see if humans have ever been there. I don't care! I know the Word says we will always have the poor but it just seems inhuman to spend all this money on space travel when we have kids in our city who will go to bed hungry tonight. I'm just sayin'.....

2 comments:

amain said...

Oh, you really should listen to the podcast for 98.3fm "MacsWorld" from Friday, May 30th. Mac interviewed someone who argued why Intelligent Design should not be taught as science, but why teaching, as science, the composition of the rings of Saturn was perfectly acceptable.
Mars is cool.
What is the eternal significance?

Lori Eilers said...

I'm all for education about our solar system and the miracle of it's creation by God. I just think there has to be a more reasonable way to spend money in research. Eternal significance...Jesus said if you offer a cold cup of water in His name it's as though you offered it to Him. I don't think we can lead a person to salvation as they are starving but we can tell them about the rings of Saturn. I think I understand what you are saying.