Friday, May 02, 2008

Odds and Ends

Did you see the Ellen show the other day with the seventy year old gentleman that went back to 1st grade to learn how to read? Oh-my-lan-ta...I cried at that one! So sweet and the teacher was awesome. Ellen gave the teacher 25 lap tops for her class and a group who encourages people who show great leadership gave him $10,000 and gave the teacher money for library books. Very cool.

My darling friend, Adele, and her mommy, Sandy, brought me a May basket! My one and only this year. I sure enjoyed that pop corn but loved the surprise visit more!

I stopped at KFC to try one of their Snacker sandwiches. Now I know they are a snack and only 99 cents but come on. The piece of chicken on it was the smallest chicken strip I have ever seen. I'm just sayin'! It was literally 2 inches.

My physical therapist tried to get my muscle next to my knee cap to "fire" better by taping it somewhat pushed to the side and then had me do some of my exercises. Her plan flopped and caused me to be super sore! Grrrrr...it was doing great until then. She has been so awesome so I can't be too upset with her! I only have a couple more sessions and I'm done. I still struggle with steps but mainly because I'm afraid to trust the new knee and I shouldn't....it works fine.

Randy's graduation is coming up May 17th! I tried to send everyone an e-invite so if you didn't get one to the party, let me know!!! We want to celebrate big. The party is at our apartment party room from 5 - 8 on Saturday the 17th. We'll have food so come hungry and the kids are welcome! Let me know so we have plenty of eats. In the mass e-mail, I could have missed someone important so forgive me and call or leave a comment! We are so proud of him, I sure wished his mom could have been here, too. Come for a few minutes or stay all night.

I have had a lot of fun with Facebook. I belong to a couple of groups that have given me opportunity to talk to other pastors all around the world. It's awesome to get a message like I did today from a friend in Kenya who felt led to pray for me. I have friends from all around the USA, Australia and China, too. So cool to have "family" members everywhere and to know there are people across the globe praying for each other and the cause of Christ.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: