Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the Beginning....

God created the team meeting. Well, not really, y'all know it was the heavens and the earth! But here in Whitehouse it is my new beginning and it started with an entire children's department meeting. What a great evening of opportunity. I was able to share my heart and just a bit of vision casting. I don't want to overwhelm people with too much too soon but they were all on board and ready to see what God has in store for our church and community. I am so blessed to be in yet another church that sees the urgency of reaching kids for Jesus and is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish much for the Kingdom of God.

It was also very cool to have our lead pastors and student pastors in attendance; supporting, encouraging and showing unity with the new gal! If you are a staff pastor reading this and have such unity in your church, make sure you tell the team how much you appreciate it. Not every place has that and it sure makes a difference in how ministry flows and builds together.

I got teased a bit for my acrostic about my role as the children's pastor. I used T. E. E. M. and Pastor Michael chalked up my spelling of team to my Iowa education....ha ha! In leading this new team, I want to
T - Train/Teach each member in the position they serve in. If they feel educated, they have more confidence to do their job.
E - Equip each member with the resources and materials needed to make their job easier and more effective.
E - Encourage each one. We all need a pat on the back, a "hang in there", or a well done!
M - Mentor each one who would like to go deeper in their walk, or fulfill a call to ministry. We must duplicate ourselves!

Of course, we had to eat! I love to feed people so a dinner meeting is always good. It was fun to have the servants from nursery, preschool, children's church, discipleship, Royal Ranger and M'Pact girls all around the table sharing food, fellowship and excitement to be doing the Lord's work for kids.


Great things are ahead and I know I must continue to grow in my life before I can be the leader God has called me to be. Thanks Lord for all you are doing in us, through us and despite of us!

0 comments: