Friday, November 12, 2010

TEXAS!

Here we are in the Lone Star State! We arrived in Tyler last Friday night to our new duplex and crashed after a long day of driving from Tennessee. Saturday morning brought a great crew of peeps from Whitehouse First Assembly to unload the truck. We were even treated to a yummy soup lunch from our new pastor's wife, Angie! Many thanks for all the help but let me back up the truck a bit.

It was tough to leave such a great church family at Union City First Assembly. Our two years there are precious times of making lifelong friendships and new life lessons. We are so thankful for our time there and the doors that the Lord opened. It was not always easy with some struggles along the way but it is a time I wouldn't trade for anything. I learned a lot under Pastor Tommy's leadership and will sure miss the awesome team there. We never dreamed we would only be there two years but I count them successful for the Kingdom of God as I know we witnessed many lives forever changed.

The people of Whitehouse First have given us a terrific welcome and are very excited to see what God has in store for the kids and families of this community. Pastor Michael is gonna be awesome to work with and our youth pastors Danny and Celeste have an awesome group of students that I'm looking forward to getting to know. Look for updates on what's happening in Texas and I'm excited to be serving in yet another great church!

2 comments:

Kathy mc said...

So glad your here Lori! I look forward to a new friendship with you! Welcome!

Kathy McLain said...

Sorry my name is incomplete
Should say Kathy McLain