Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Book?


My husband said something to me the other day that I can't seem to get out of my head. He said I should write a book. When I began to laugh, he said he was serious. I then began to offer all of the excuses I could think of...who would read it, I'm not educated enough to know how to properly write, I have so many random thoughts and topics I'm not sure how it would come together and make sense, etc. Every excuse was met with an answer debunking my reasoning!

So, I'm praying about the possibility. I guess I won't know if it's in me until I try. I have, for many years, ranted to my family all my thoughts, opinions and philosophies about children's ministry that maybe, just maybe some of those rants could be put into practical advise for those getting started in ministry. Maybe some of my frustrations over "the church" could help bring us together in a way that would make a bigger impact on the Kingdom of God.

Any thoughts or opinions?

4 comments:

Monica said...

Lori, you are full of wisdom, experience, and love for children's ministry. Jeremiah learned so much from you and I think many others would as well.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Beth said...

Now, I think that's awesome! Run it by God and do what HE says. The really funny thing is, yesterday, in the space of about 1/2hour, God gave me the complete outline for a book I am prompted to write for parents considering homeschooling! I really think I'm supposed to write this, burn it to CD-Rs, and have seminars. I keep saying, "Are YOU sure???" More later!

Pam's Daily Dose said...

I say go for it. What do you have to lose but the time you invest but you may have everything to gain. We just went to a movie and left with the wisdom of, "you are only one idea away from changing your life" . I love that. The example they gave was from the man who invented Play Dough. So go play with Play Dough and think about the possibilities.