Thursday, December 09, 2010

My New City

I was doing some errands for church today and decided to drive through the housing development that is mostly government housing and where I have been told are many kids. As I slowly went over the speed bumps and looked over the layout, God began to stir my heart with ideas to reach out to the people who live there. Like the speed bumps in the road, many of them have had some speed bumps in their lives. We must be the hands and feet of Jesus to those who maybe some don't want to deal with but Jesus died for them just as much as He died for you and me.

I found a small play area where we could easily set up a sort of Sidewalk Sunday School and do some fun events for all the kids. If they won't come to the church, take the church to them! We can help them to overcome some of the generational cycles that keep them dependant on everything in this world and show them how to depend on Jesus...the true cycle breaker!

I love how no matter where we are or where we live, God can give us a passion for those around us if we are open to His leading. If we will have His eyes, He will show us the ways He can use us. I'm thankful to be used by God. Wherever, whenever however He chooses...let me always be obedient.

0 comments: