Friday, April 03, 2009

Wacky Week

What a crazy week! Our staff went to Tennessee District Council on Monday. We got back from Murfreesburo yesterday and today I leave to go back that way for TSOM (Tennessee School of Ministry). Poor Randy has been alone most of the week. District Council was fun even though I didn't know many folks. I did get to connect with a few children's pastors that I hadn't met yet. We had a very fun breakfast meeting. It's interesting to me how Iowa and Tennessee children's pastors TOTALLY are the same wacky, creative thinking people. It must be a part of the cp DNA.

Murfreesburo reminded me of West Des Moines in appearance and vibe. That's where Pastor and Deana lived before they came to Union City. I got to meet many of their ministry friends.

I stayed at a brand new Embassy Suites because it's where we had Council. It was beautiful!! The service and breakfast were amazing. If you are traveling to Murfreesburo or Nashville, I highly recommend it. It is in an easy to access location and close to great restaurants and shopping.

I'm looking forward to TSOM today. One step closer to being licensed. There are five of us going together from our church. It's such a blessing that our church invests in those called to ministry by helping send them to TSOM. I'll get to meet some more peeps, too.

1 comments:

little mama said...

My cousin lives in Murfreesboro!