Saturday, September 19, 2009

Iowa "Dream" and a BIG Announcement

Our son Keaton just finished a HUGE undertaking. He organized and led the very first ever Kid's Convention in Iowa. "Dream" was a big success with about 350 people attending the Friday night into Saturday afternoon adventure. The pictures I've seen are amazing and I'm hoping to get to see some video soon. I'd love to see something like this happen in Tennessee! Maybe someday. I'm uber proud of my boy!

During "Dream" they made a big announcement that involves Tennessee! August 2010 Iowa will be bringing a team of 4th, 5th and 6th graders to Union City to help do some ministry events! This will be the first Iowa Ministry Network Kid's Missions trip. They will be here for one whole week. We are working on schedules, budgets, travel plans and all the details to make this a trip that will bring many other kids to Jesus and serve our community in a Kingdom building manner. Our Union City kids will get to be involved in all of the activities but more importantly be serving and using their abilities to minister also. Kids leading kids to Jesus...that is soooo cool! The leadership in place for the trip is awesome...great people who will be a blast to work with! I know God is going to do some amazing things through these kids. Keaton said you could hear the buzz throughout the room when he announced the trip. I have a feeling those 25 spots are gonna fill up fast!

1 comments:

Truders said...

Oh Yeah Baby!! I'm totally pumped and can't wait. It's going to be good!!