Friday, October 13, 2006

Conversations With Colin

Today, I had the opportunity to hang out with my buddy Colin Singleton. We went to mom's group together and had a great time. The drive there and back was the best. We had this sweet, funny conversation that merits recording. When we left, I asked this adorable 2 year old if mommy's tummy was better. His mom, Dara, had an emergency appendectomy the other day. He said yes and I asked if he prayed for mom and he said no, so I said let's pray now. After praying for Dara, he started listing off others who needed help with their tummies. He said to pray for Lisi's tummy. After we did, I asked him if Lisi was his friend and he very emphatically said, "NO, GIRLFRIEND!" Our conversation varied from trains (a Colin obsession), trucks and toots. Yes...I said toots. Out of the blue he said, "Awnna did it, not me." I asked what she did and he said, "tooted." I said Awnna is at school so he said, "You did it." Of course followed by a sweet little giggle. I asked him if it was really him that tooted and he said, "Yes, it's gross." I've never heard him say gross before. All that just on the way to mom's group. On the way home we got to talking about today being daddy's birthday. I asked if he was going to sing Happy Birthday to daddy and he said no. He tried to convince me that it was really his mom's birthday. When I asked him how old dad was now, he said without pausing, "18." I asked if dad was old and he said, no, so I asked if Mister Randy was old and he said, "Yes, Randy's old. I love Mister Randy. Awnna loves Randy, too." AAAAHH! How sweet. I'm telling you, if you need a good laugh, hang out with a toddler who's vocabulary is exploding. Good times, thanks Colin.

2 comments:

Joel Asmus said...

Pastor Lori, how fun. I wish I could have been there with you all having that conversation. Sounds like you all had a great day together. God Bless!

Dara said...

that is my silly boy - thank you so much for taking him with you - he was rareing to go!
thank you for all that you do - our kids LOVE THEIR PASTOR LORI!