Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Be Careful What You Preach


It seems as though God is stretching me right now. I feel a little like that old toy Stretch Armstrong, remember that one? Several weeks ago, the Lord changed the direction in Building 2-52 from Superheroes of the Bible to Fruits of the Spirit. Okay...I'm cool with that. I want to be going exactly where the Holy Spirit is leading...not doing my own thing. Well, let me tell you, I am relearning some of the very things I'm preaching.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control." Galatians 5:22-23

Love - we ALL should constantly be challenged to love like Jesus. Some people are just not very lovable but.......you know. :)

Joy - I had to choose whether I was going to be joyful a couple of weeks ago when Randy was put into the hospital. Would I let the devil steal my joy? No way, forget it, not gonna happen. As I preached to the kids, the true meaning of J-O-Y is putting Jesus first, Others next and Yourself last. I'll keep my joy by keeping Jesus FIRST.

And now to peace - Wow, I have been tested in greater ways with this one. I really don't want to go into a lot of details but last Thursday was a tough day for us. We had a pretty big disappointment and then to top the whole day off, Micaela had a car accident. She is fine...car not so much. But Satan would have me in such turmoil and confusion and then even attack one of my kids that it proves what a liar and thief he is. Have I completely gotten the peace victory? Honestly no, but I'm working on it and rereading the scriptures from my Sunday sermon.

So this week I'm preaching on patience. Hum...

I will NOT deviate from where the Lord is leading me so bring it on Stupid Head. (does the devil read my blog?) 1 John 4:4 says "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!" 1 Cor. 15:57 says "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

This is an awesome verse Keaton gave me as an encouragement this week....Matthew 19:29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life."

The scripture from Luke 12 that teaches, "to whom much is given, much is required" has come to mind often in the past few weeks. I'm trusting in you Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a joy to know!!! Thank you for letting God use you to be an encourager to others! Still praying for you and for God to bless in big ways :)
Much love,
Judy M.

Truders said...

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. *Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

As I was writing on my blog today this verse came to me. Funny how you were talking about peace. Just wanted to share that verse with you!!