Monday, August 24, 2009

Building the Team

I have been working and praying to fill some team positions. I'm so excited to have Brian and Amy Johnson and Jaime and Amanda Winstead join the Building 2-52 gang! Brian will be leading the technology department, Amy is my big event coordinator and they both will be in children's church. Jaime and Amanda take on the nursery coordinator position. I also recruited some additional people for the nursery schedule. Woot woot!

Now, I praying for a bus pastor. I am in charge of our bus ministry and it's been an area that I have had to learn as I go. So far....not too much success but I know a bus pastor is the only way this area will grow. I simply do not have as much time as it requires. So I'm praying for the person or persons that will commit to reaching out to some kids that have a pretty tough life. Someone who will be willing to invest some time to visit homes and really know these families. We are working on a 65 passenger school bus. We are painting it and getting it all "kid friendly." Of course a school bus requires a CDL and some folks willing to take the test. I'm working on mine.

Building a team takes more time than I'd like. It would be nice to just make a list and assign the positions! It's helping me grow the fruit of patience. :)

0 comments: