Friday, July 03, 2009

Random Stuff of Our Week

My intern, Jeremiah, and I had the opportunity to go to the Boys and Girls Club this week and read books to the kids. They are having a read-a-thon. It was fun to see several of "my kids" who attend there and they were very excited to see us. Jeremiah works in a kindergarten classroom back in Iowa so he is an excellent story reader. I'm supposed to be volunteering once a week there but the director has failed to get me the info and schedule. You would think they would be jumping at the chance for a volunteer but it seems they really aren't in as big a need as I thought.


We are preparing for CAMP next week. Anyone who knows me knows camp is my thing! There is just something about 5 concentrated days of worship, crazy games, challenging services, point totals, contests, new friends, altar time, no sleep, mediocre food and no outside distractions that just gets me going! Kids can leave behind the crud of the world and the things of life and just be kids who seek after Jesus. Camp is one of THE best spiritual investments you'll ever do for your kids. Churches that don't want to mess with sending their kids to camp are MISSING it! We have eight kids going plus me, Jeremiah and Hailey. Please pray for us next week. I know some powerful things are going to happen....my spirit is so stirred. And bonus...I get to meet some more of my Tennessee tribe-mates!

Jeremiah and I rearranged my office this week. I love it! Garrett added a little "muscle" to the mix....as much muscle as Garrett has. Hee hee. I'll have to take a picture. If nothing else it was great to clean and get rid of all the sports camp stuff that was piled up.

We made some home visits this week. The kids are always so excited to see us when we come even if it's only for a few minutes. Jeremiah is getting a taste of what some of our kids live in and with. We have several from Sports Camp we need to go see. We got the follow up postcards out thanks to my friend Darla! She typed up all our contacts for me. I'm still praising God for such an awesome week.

Jeremiah did a great job preaching last Sunday and is speaking again this Sunday. He has been a huge blessing to me and I'll be very sorry to see him go back to Iowa. I know he is getting a workout but I hope it has been a worthwhile journey for him as he prepares to be a children's pastor. It has been fun to brainstorm and bounce ideas around. It's been nice having him around the house, too. I miss our kids and love to have extra people stay with us. He's been a wonderful housemate....neat and tidy! :) It's also been a blessing to have some live worship while he is here. I love it for our altar time...makes a big difference in the flow of things. I've tried to convince him to just move here but I guess he better stick to God's plan and not mine!

0 comments: