Tuesday, March 24, 2009

H2O...the Way to Go

It's early Tuesday morning. The Lord woke me up about 4 AM and His presence was so strong I couldn't get out of bed for a little while. He was speaking to me about the message He wants brought forth tomorrow night at church. I have the opportunity to do a full kid's service in "big church." I am furthering my credential level and part of my requirements is for Pastor Tommy to evaluate one of my services.

I've been praying about this message for a couple of weeks and it wasn't fully coming to me. I had an idea but wasn't sure if it was a "Lori thought" or a "God thought" at first. Sometimes the Lord will give me a message in a matter of a few minutes. But like this time, He sometimes gives it to me in bits and I have to chew on it for awhile...pray it through.

It all started with a bottle of water. It sparked a thought and Jesus showed me how that everyday item would help my kids remember the message. The Lord has done that before with me. A traffic light helped me preach a message about not being fearful and trusting God. A skeleton helped me preach a message about guarding our hearts. Tomorrow night I'm preaching about the Living Water.

Father, I praise you for speaking to me this morning. I thank you for stirring my heart and confirming what it is you want me to speak. I pray that the words would flow from me tomorrow night and that everyone in that room, young or old, would have an understanding about the Living Water. I pray lives will be eternally changed for You. I pray hearts will yield and be given to You. I pray your power falls and people are filled with your Holy Spirit. Continue to speak to me today and show me to smallest details that You want in the service. I thank you so much for another day to serve You and this opportunity to proclaim Your Word. In Jesus name...Amen.

0 comments: