Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CMA RE:gional




Last week, I went to St. Louis for the National Children's Ministry Agency's RE:gional Conference. It was a round table discussion format on seven different topics. We had the opportunity to sit in a small group and brainstorm ideas, share challenges, and hear how other children's leaders tackle each area of ministry. I wasn't sure I'd like the format but it was great! Our general session speaker was Kevin Geer who is the Children's Ministries Director of the Northwest Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God. He was awesome! He spoke on leadership skills, vision casting and the keys of effective ministry. He had a way of communicating that just made everything make total sense! I had the opportunity to network with some other CM peeps and hang with some old friends.

Our hotel was a stone's throw from the STL Arch. Very cool....I had never seen it. We had lunch in the rooftop restaurant that rotates around so you get an awesome view of the arch and Busch Stadium. The architecture of downtown STL is beautiful. I enjoyed two favs while in Missouri...Starbucks and Panera! Oh, I was a happy girl!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love visiting St. Louis. I need to take Paul because he has never been. I am glad you had a good time and hope you were refreshed.-- Darla