Saturday, May 30, 2009

Turkey Bound

I cannot believe one week from today I will be flying to Turkey! It has come up so fast. I now have enough support raised to cover all my fixed expenses plus a little pad for those expenses that are hard to plan for. If I'm careful, I should have enough for the whole trip. THANK YOU to all who given towards this opportunity to minister. You have made an investment that, I pray, has eternal rewards. You are sending me where you cannot, at this time, go yourself. I promise to do everything in my power to represent you well and carefully listen to what the Lord would have me to preach.

Please continue to pray for traveling safety, good health and that the Holy Spirit will really move in our services. I will preach seven services with the kids. There is a young missionary couple who are coming to help me. I'm excited to meet them. Val in an MK and has lived in Latvia, Russia and Belgium so I know she will be a huge help in the cultural differences I'll experience. I'm so thankful that the Lord has opened this opportunity to me.

I'll leave from Memphis on Saturday evening and fly all night to Amsterdam. Then onto Istanbul and finally to Kusadisi, Ephesus, Turkey (airport is at Izmir). I'll get to the resort about 8 PM their time which is noon our time. My total air time one way is between 13 and 14 hours. I'll be returning Friday from Izmir to Istanbul to JFK (three hr. layover) and then into Memphis about 10 PM. It takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. to get to Memphis from Union City. My flight schedule is actually pretty good. No sleeping in airports!

I'll take lots of pictures and if I have internet access will blog from Turkey. Blessing to all!

1 comments:

hahainlala said...

I am SOOO excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip:):)

Love,
FC Heather