Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's Up?

I have been a bad blogger as of late. So sorry. Thought I'd give some random thoughts, observances and rants to give you a glimpse of my life lately.

God is so amazing. I know...duh. But really, He is so faithful and forever grace-giving and I seriously am so thankful for where I am in my faith. I have not "arrived" but love that I can honestly say I have grown more in my relationship with Jesus in the past couple of years than ever before....and striving to grow DAILY. The last nearly 8 months of being in Union City, God has "expanded my territory" by allowing me to minister, not only kids, but several adults as well.

I started a "Kid's Council." It is a leadership/ministry training time for any 3rd-5th grader who would like to learn some ministry skills. We meet from 5-6 every Thursday. The kids involved understand that this is a serious responsibility and they always hear the scripture from Luke 12:48, "to whom much is given, much is required." We start our time with prayer. I am teaching the kids to pray out loud for each other. It may sound silly but I know many adults who cannot pray out loud in front of people so I want the kids from a young age to be able to speak out and minister to others. We then have a devotion from the Word of God. The kids are required to read their Bibles at home, too. We then move into training. We are currently working on leading worship and puppets. Every week, they go home with homework! It may be music and motions to learn or puppet practice but they have something to learn. It's going great right now. One of my 4th grade girls has a call to ministry on her life. I don't know if she fully realizes her call yet but she is gonna be a firebrand for Jesus!

I baptized 7 kids a couple of Sunday's ago. Wow, nothing like the feeling of helping a child step through another phase of their journey with Christ. Austin, one of the boys I baptized, came to his mom a few weeks ago and told her that God had spoke to him and told him he was gonna be a preacher! This 9 year old is so on fire for God. He didn't have his own Bible so Pastor Tommy told me to get him one from the church. He carries that Bible around like it's the most awesome thing he has ever owned. He testified during his baptism about his call. I think he may have inspired a tear or two among the adults. I know there were lots of cheers. I'm so proud of all my kids! To see them at the altar in Building 2-52 with their little faces in their hands, bowed down on their knees, going after God with all they have, gives me a feeling I cannot adequately put into words. I praise God that I am allowed to witness such things each week.

It has rained a lot here recently. I am officially OVER IT! Come on sunshine. Everyone's lawns are so wet and the grass is growing like crazy but it's hard to mow with all that water.

Randy is still unemployed. Man, we must have really ticked off the devil cuz he is sure trying to discourage us! We know God is at work, He's providing and of course, He is faithful. We will stand firm, remain obedient to His call and expect the miracle to come.

I leave for Turkey in just a few weeks. I am no where near what I need in funds but the Lord is never early nor is he ever late. This Sunday, my Building 2-52 team has organized an ice cream social fundraiser for me! How awesome is that? They are the best team ever! Some of the younger kids are asking if I'm going forever. It's hard to see the concern on their faces but I have assured them they are stuck with me!

Our friends, Curt and Mandy Cecil, had baby number four! Congrats on the arrival of Thaddeus Larkin Cecil! He's a beautiful little bugger!

Micaela is officially graduated, moved and working. Praise God. I'm so proud of my girl!

So....what's up with you?

2 comments:

Myrna Rae said...

I enjoyed your writtings. Myrna Rae

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks so much Myrna! I'll check out your blog, too.