Monday, May 04, 2009

Where Have I Been?

So sorry to be MIA in the blog world but life has been nothing short of craziness the past few weeks and to top it all off, my computer hard drive crashed and burned! I lost EVERYTHING! That's what I get for trusting a computer that is only 1 1/2 years old. I will now and forever back everything up on a jump! It is so sad how many pictures I lost.

We are so proud of Micaela! We witnessed her graduating from Evangel University on Friday! It has been a long journey for her but she always had top grades and finished strong. The day before graduation, she was offered a job at...are you ready for this?...Evangel! She is now gainfully employed full time in the conference services office where she has done a work study for the past three years. God's timing was amazing. She can do graphics as a freelance and stay at the school she loves so much. She moved into her first apartment with her best friend and life is good for my girl.

I have been sick for the past 10 days but finally feeling almost normal. I'm just a little tired still. I had sinus infection. Blah!!!! It started out as a cold and blossomed into, well, I'll spare you the details.

I have lots of pics to load in the next few days. Graduation, water baptism of some of my kids, Pastor Tommy's 50th birthday party, ice cream dates with BGMC contest winners from church...

God is really stirring my heart. He continues to stretch me and it's exciting, overwhelming, humbling, inspiring, and keeping me on my knees. God has given me a vision for where we are headed in the children's ministry of Union City First Assembly of God. I can't wait to see how He is going to accomplish it all because it is beyond me. I will continue to work as though it depends and me and pray as it, of course, depends on God! I do know one thing...I may have to clone myself! :)

Only one month until I go to Turkey! Eeeek. I have my passport and have had about 1/3 of my support come in through so many wonderful friends. I have a long way to go for the rest and not much time but God is never too early nor too late. I flux between uber excited and gonna-throw-up nervous about traveling so far by myself. It will entail many firsts in my life.

3 comments:

little mama said...

I'll be praying you to Turkey, PL! My first and only time travelling out of the country for missions to El Salvador was crazy/exciting, too. I won't type the whole story here. Let's just say I got free meal tickets and the note on the bottom said, "Distressed passenger." Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Lori! Paul used the word "uber" the other day, and it made me laugh to hear you use it. You don't hear many people saying it. And now that is two in less than a week!!

--darla

Angela said...

I am praying for your Turkey trip!
So excited for and proud of your girl!!!