Friday, June 26, 2009

The Last Night of MEGA Sports Camp

What a great week! The last night brings mixed feelings....we had sooo much fun I hate that it's over but I'm so tuckered I can hardly blink without dozing. Tonight we had 8 more first time salvations which brings the week to 24 kids coming to accept Christ. It excites me, humbles me, and drives me. Excites me to see the beginning of their new life, humbles me to think that God allowed me to have a small part in all of it and drives me to stay focused on the vision God has given me for the children of Union City.

My intern, Jeremiah, and I were kinda debriefing the week and deciding what if anything I should change for next year. We thought of a couple of small details but overall it went so well. I think two of the keys were that everyone jumped in and was enthusiastically ready to serve kids and empowering and trusting people to take ownership in the tasks assigned them.

Water games were a big hit and I think a smart way to end the week. Ironically it was the mildest day of the whole week. :) Still warm enough to make getting wet a treat. Of course, I was a target but I took it like a trooper...it's just water after all. The youth kids got me with three big buckets of water while they were running full steam ahead towards me. Good times.

Sunday night after church, we are having a big pizza party to honor all of our volunteers!

0 comments: