Friday, June 26, 2009

Night #4 MEGA Sports Camp

So I'm reading through the lesson for night four of MEGA Sports camp and am thinking it's kinda wimpy. We may have one night with a child and you want to have a powerful message and not waste an opportunity. The theme for the night is sacrifice and I decided that I was going to change everything even down to the huddle time with is a segment where the teachers do a small group story and reinforce the message. The team just went with it and were totally on board. No one panicked that I made a last minute switcher-roo! We even tweaked the schedule. Result....following the leading of the Holy Spirit brings 16 kids to salvation. Can I hear a big AMEN! We had 13 new kids and another beautiful night. I still have not heard one single complaint about the weather being too hot. I'm so proud of our team! We are having a celebration pizza party Sunday night after discipleship to show appreciation and hear some testimonies of how God moved in the hearts and lives of our kids AND even the team. We will do Sports Camp again next summer - FOR SURE!

1 comments:

Angela said...

thanks for the encouraging words...I appreciate them more than you know! Love you tons and miss you too!