Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Coming Along

The new knee is coming right along. My only set back was the huge bruise I got from the impatient nurse who loaded me up in the van to come home. Wow, it's been super sore and I was a little worried it was a blood clot. The physical therapist looked at it and thought it was bruising so bad because of the blood thinners they put you on following surgery.

The therapist was impressed with how well I am doing and she was able to bend my knee to 82 degrees which she said was awesome for the first time. I got the devil bendy machine to 97 and can sit in a chair for a few minutes with my knee bent somewhat normal. I told Randy that I could just kiss Dr. Vittitoe!

I am afraid that we are going to gain 10 pounds with all the yummy food coming in! I'll have to pace myself! I am already getting a little cabin fever. The only thing that helps is that it is sooo cold and you all know how much I love the cold weather. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i was just thinking the other day that if i could, i'd load up both kids and come to spend the day with you! dang it. i'm so glad you're doing so well, so quickly!

you'd hate it here today...it's -1 outside right now. that's the actual temp...don't get me started on the wind chill! miserable!