Saturday, February 16, 2008

Way Different Experience

I got home from the hospital Friday evening. What a different experience than last time. Surgery lasted two hours and as predicted Randy had a total seven hour wait with recovery and all the prep. Surgery went well, Dr. Vitittoe suspected that the crooked prostethis was due to a loose component but he found both components loose. Plain and simple...had to be fixed! I can already tell this time is going better. Monday and Tuesday my pain was controlled but Wednesday when they removed the nerve block, things changed quickly. It was a ROUGH day but the doctor and nurses were awesome and kept trying different medicine and combinations until they finally hit something that worked by Wednesday about 9 PM.

My level of care was incredible. Everyone down to the custodians were amazing. My room was big and beautiful and most importantly quiet. Physical therapy was done in the privacy of my room and without inflicting additional pain. I am able to bend my knee on the "devil bendy machine" to 85 degrees already and that is as far as I ever got before and it's only day 5! Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but I can tell how different it is already. My only complaint was the nurse who put me in the van to go home really hurt me. She was in a hurry to get me in and pushed my knee too far and I screamed. If she was a little more patient, it would have been fine. Took me a while to get it settled down last night but I don't think any damage was done.

Thanks so much to all who sent cards and flowers or came to visit. It means so much to have so many great people in our lives. We came home to pizza from the Lively's and Saturday chicken and rice from Amy! Yummo as usual. I am totally house bound for two weeks so come and see me if you can! PT is at home and I get my stitches out on Feb. 28. Please excuss any spelling errors...blogger spell check is still down!

6 comments:

Angela said...

PRAISE GOD!
So glad to hear things have gone so much better!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things are better this time :)

Alyseia La'Belle said...

I'm so glad to hear about your progress!! Praise God!

Chef Stinson Family said...

Yay! We have been praying for you. Jules includes you every night in her prayers. "Hi Jesus, Pass Lo Lo Peez"

Interpretation: "Hi Jesus, Please heal Pastor Lori" :)

Please let me know if you need anything! Drew is working late this week and Jules and I could swing by dinner any night!

Truders said...

We'd be there in a heartbeat to see you if we could. Know that we are praying for your swift recovery.

Mrs. W said...

Glad to hear everything went well! You're in my prayers.