Thursday, February 07, 2008

Trusting God

I have two friends who are both experiencing life crisis' at this time. One is female, one is male and both are asking, "Where is God in all this?" How do we continue to trust God when were are in the realm of "impossibilities"? My heart breaks at some of the things these two are experiencing yet I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control and they will come out with something more than they have now.

Satan has a way of eclipsing us from God. Just as in nature we have an occassional eclipse, I think we can experience it in our lives as well. The moon blocks out the sunlight for a short period of time but eventually gets out of the way and we can enjoy the light again. For a time it's cold and dark and maybe even very still but we know that it's temporary. In nature's eclipse, we can have the attitude of, "Crap, where'd the sun go?" Or we can sit back and be amazed at how God created the universe and know He has a plan and purpose for that short inconvenience. Whatever Satan throws at us, he cannot eclipse the Light for long. We all hear it but do we understand it? Satan is a liar and a thief!!

I like what David Wilkerson says, "The faith that pleases God is born in a place of deadness." Just as Abraham trusted God when God said he and Sarah would have a son, “Being not weak in faith, (Abraham) considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb” (Romans 4:19). Abraham didn't dwell on the "impossibility". There was no eclipse.

I'm praying that my friends, who are experiencing totally different trials and are in totally different seasons in their lives, will continue to trust in this place of deadness. I'm praying that God will give me words and wisdom that I do NOT possess in myself. I'm praying that they can get past the "Crap, where'd the sun go?" stage to "Wow, that was impossible without God!" victory.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post, it is such a blessing for me right now.