Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Recovery Boost

I'm doing great as far as bending and exercises are going. I still have quite a bit of pain but am sure it's just normal surgery pain. I see the doc tomorrow to get my stitches out and will ask him about it. The physical therapist says that knee revisions are super painful and it's normal to have good days and bad as far as pain level goes. He gave me some new tail kicker exercises today! Makes me grunt and moan but it's good for me! :) My incision looks great to me. The stitches are wire and so I'm glad to get them out...they are getting pokey and itchy. I'm soooo thankful at my progress. It is amazing how much better this time is going. I just need to be patient with the recovery and realize it may take a little longer than I want it to. I can already bend it better and farther than I could at the end of PT with the last replacement. God is so good and I know He has His hand on me.

My recovery boost has come in the form of visitors. It has been great to see a few JCFC peeps and some new friends from First Assembly. At the hospital I got a visit from the beautiful Main ladies and the adorable Cecil clan. Plus several other friends made the trec to Methodist. Today I got some snuggle time with my buddy Cale. Jenn came to vacuum for me. Now that's a good friend! I can do most chores but that one was a bit much for me. The Kimmers brought some incredible soup last week and so I got to see Drakester for a bit. Jen and Jaron came by with books (yeah) and Jaron found the cutest bunny pen he had to buy for me. So sweet! One of the First families brought dinner...Misty and all six of her kids came. The oldest is 10 and the youngest will be two in April. Great family! Visitors make my day as time drags when you are by yourself. I know my friends Dara and Angela would be loving the solitude but I guess I'm too social...or co-dependant. :) Cale was so sweet to me today; freely giving hugs and smoochies, bringing me my blanket, telling me stories and helping Jenn vacuum! He would carefully crawl up on my lap to watch Curious George. When Jenn offered to dust, Cale said that was his job at home! Looking forward to a little more freedom after the stitches come out! Gonna even try to make Amy's craft night for a bit. I'll probably get more talking than crafting done! Oh well...it will be another recovery boost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAy, so excited to see you tomorrow :) We had fun visiting and seeing you and Mr. Randy!

amain said...

Hey, please tell Misty and family that we said hello!!!
And glad that you have so many friends helping you with your recovery~ we have been praying for you!!