Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Last Few Days....

I have had a busy few days but they have been great. Friday afternoon some of us from church went to a children's and youth ministry combined conference in Dickson, TN. It was a fun road trip and we stayed in a super nice room. The main speaker of the conference was Randy Coleman who I knew from Des Moines First AG several years ago. He was the children's pastor there and we hung out at JBQ and camp. It was so great to reconnect with an old friend. He now works at Lifechurch.tv with Craig Groeschel on their leadership team. I had the opportunity to lead one of the workshops for the kid's side of the weekend. It was fun and I think it went pretty well.

Sunday was full but I was very excited to preach the message God gave me. We are in a series on Moses and I spoke on the 10 plagues and the Big Idea was inspired as I studied the scriptures and saw with each plague the statement "and Pharaoh's heart was hard." So the Big Idea was "A hard heart leads to a hard road." I encouraged the kids to always keep their hearts soft and easily molded by God. A hard heart led to Pharaoh losing his son in the 10th plague. Death is a pretty hard road!

I'm working on Saturday night's Daddy Date Night! We have a very special speaker lined up who is also singing and it will be so fun to see all the girls dressed up. Such a special time for them. Randy has a date, too. One of our girls that doesn't have a dad. Unfortunately, that is pretty common around here. He will show her a great time. Can't forget to order her corsage!

0 comments: