Monday, February 09, 2009

Springfield

I had a quick trip to Springfield to see my kids. I'm so thankful for any time I can spend with Micaela and Keaton! I got to Springfield just in time to pick up Micaela and head to Branson to meet Keaton for dinner. He was there for a ministry conference with the Iowa DYD, my old buddy Pastor Heath and two of my dearest friends Pastors Laurie Rich and LeAnne Krell. We all went for steaks at a nice place in Branson. It was a short but very fun visit. I'm so proud of all Keaton is allowing God to do in his life. He has an amazing year ahead of him.

After laughing a lot and eating a great dinner, Mic and I headed back to her dorm at Evangel. Friday brought a flurry of activity but started with a bit of time by myself enjoying a bagel and coffee at my fav Panera! I then met Mic back on campus for chapel time. Fun to worship with several hundred college kids! We went to lunch with another great friend, Lori Warning, who used to be a children's pastor in Iowa. Always awesome to catch up on what God is doing in a person's life. After lunch, we headed to James River Assembly of God to meet with their children's pastor and a couple of his staff members. They were so generous with their time and info and gave us a tour of their children's department. WOW....inspiring to see what could be. The minister to about 3000 kids on Sunday mornings!

Friday night we hung out with Mic's bestie, Jerrilyn, and some others. We went to their fav coffee house, dinner at Macaroni Grill (yummo), hit Mardel's Christian Book Store (amazing) and I RULED at Trivial Pursuit 80's Addition. Well...maybe not ruled but I did pretty well! It's so fun to hang with Micaela's buddies.

Saturday morning came too quick and on the road again. It's not a bad drive and only about 5 1/2 hours but long when you're driving by yourself. Always good to get home but sure miss my kids already!

1 comments:

Micaela said...

I'm pretty sure you meant Trivial Pursuit Totally 80's EDITION... not addition. HaHa! But you did rule at it.