Friday, February 20, 2009

T.A.L.K.

T.A.L.K. stands for Teaching and Loving Kids. It's a networking group that I was a part of in Iowa and have tried to establish here in Tennessee. In Iowa, we did the meetings over lunch with people from all denominations and rotated to different churches as hosts. Here, though, I have found I am an oddity. (insert all your smart comments :) ) I am one of VERY few full time children's pastors in all of west Tennessee and the ONLY one in Union City. Soooooooo T.A.L.K. has had a slow start until I moved the meeting time to 6:30 PM so all the people who work other jobs can come and be inspired, resourced, encouraged, equipped, and connected.

I had the awesome privilege of meeting three ladies from the AG in Martin, TN last night. Martin is just 10 minutes away from UC and their church is a little smaller than ours. We had a great time getting to know each other and looking to see what materials we have that we could share with them. I hope they were encouraged as much as I was.

I love people who work with kids. They are unique. They are passionate. They are fun. They are my tribe. They understand me and "get" why I do what I do. You may not work with kids but you should also surround yourself with people who love what you do. Iron sharpens iron. They will help you grow and challenge yourself to be better.

0 comments: