Thursday, February 26, 2009

Missions Trip

Many of you may have heard by now but I am going to Turkey in June. An old friend of ours contacted me through Facebook last week and asked me if I'd be interested in ministering to some missionary kids. What? Me? Rick and Dianna Lang have been on the missions field for 20 years ministering in Lithuania, Russia and Siberia. They are organizing a yearly retreat for many of the Assembly of God missionaries from several different countries in the area. Dianna said she was praying about a children's pastor who would come and do kid's services for the week and I came to mind. Then later in a conversation with their missionary associate, Melanie Reed, who is also a friend of ours, Dianna mentioned the need and Melanie suggested me. Dianna felt it was a confirmation and contacted me.

I prayed about it and asked God to clearly tell me yes or no. I take any ministry opportunity very seriously but ministering to missionary kids is a whole other matter. They have been set apart and give so much more than we could ever imagine. After praying about it for a couple of days, I had the yes from the Lord. I will have to raise my own support to go as it is considered a missions trip. I don't know exactly how much it will cost but it will be in the neighborhood of $3500. It doesn't really make sense in this financially difficult time in our lives as Randy is unemployed but that has been happening a lot in the past year! :) God doing things that doesn't make sense in our eyes, that is. If I have learned anything it is that if I walk in obedience, God will bless and be faithful to see whatever through to the end. He does NOT start something and then not finish it!

Turkey! Can you believe it? God is already giving me sermons and I'm very excited about meeting these missionaries and their kids. Wanna go with?

0 comments: