Friday, October 06, 2006

"Watch Me"

"Pastor Lori, watch me!" I heard that several times this morning as I "crashed" our JCFC mom's group. Every Friday, our mom's get together at different locations and let the kids play while they get a little fellowship time in. I am going to make it a habit of crashing more often...it was a blast to watch all those kids. As I enjoyed them playing at Backyard Adventures, I had great memories of our two kids at those ages and even shared a couple of stories. Each one of those kids were having such a great time and all were playing so nicely together. It was fun to listen to their giggles and them using their imaginations as the served each other bread and milk in the club house. Kids are so interesting to watch and I can't help but think about how they are also watching us. I pray they see in me, and all the important adults in their lives, someone who is trying to live each day in a way that is pleasing to God. That they see how much they are loved by people here on earth but how much more they are loved by God. I pray they see the evidence of God all around them and their lives are always a "Backyard Adventure" for Jesus. "Pastor Lori, watch me!" Oh, I am and will keep watching them grow up to be all God wants them to be.

Want to be a part of the JCFC mom's group? Hop on our web site http://jordancreek.org and you can look in the upcoming events for times and locations. Everyone is welcome...even dads! :)

0 comments: