Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"The Bionic Rev"

That's what my beloved husband calls me. With two new plastic and metal knees, I guess I am kinda bionic. The progress this time is a little different. My swelling in not near as bad, and my bend seems to be advancing a little quicker but I cannot lift my leg yet. That part is slower than last time. My left knee is working overtime, so it's pretty sore but seems to be holding up. My balance is not very good yet. I have fallen once and nearly fell again last night. Thank God when I fell, I was close enough to the chair that I landed on it with my rear but it felt like I tore everything from my ankle to my hip. I was thankful Randy was home but I scared him so bad with the blood-curdling scream I let out. Last night, I tried to pick up something off the floor and almost lost it again and pulled my knee pretty good. I guess I need to be more careful with the balance thing. My pain level is the same as last time, so that's a little frustrating. But after all that complaining I really am thankful that I have no more knees to fix, my husband is my knight in shining armor, I have the BEST friends ever, and Jesus is with me every wobbly step I take. I can't imagine what this would all be like without the Lord.

Speaking of friends....they are feeding us so well, I'm sure I'll need to fast a few days after all the awesome chow we are having delivered to our door! Thanks to those who came by to visit, especially those who brought the kids along. I know things are fine at church without me (Dara and Camille are incredible) but I miss the kids so bad, I can't wait to get back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this is the fall, I have been hearing about. I should ready everyones blog more regularly huh! Glad you are home and making progress.