Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm Baaack

Oh, it's good to be back in church! Especially when you get to preach about Christmas. The kids seemed to be glad to have me back, too. They are all so sweet, asking about my knee and being very careful not to bump me. I'm sure there were a few conversations at home warning against some of the usual leg grabbing hugs I get. :) I only missed two weeks but it sure seemed longer. Thanks to everyone who went the extra mile and pitched in while I was gone.

Our Big Idea for the next three weeks is, "Christmas is not about me, it's about Jesus." You'll have to ask the kids about Mister Randy's giant Christmas wish list. They all agreed he seemed rather greedy. :)

It seems our boys came through in the end and won the offering contest. So...next Sunday, Pastor Lori gets the pie in the face. That's okay, I'll do most anything for missions. One of the girls was concerned though because I had made the comment that I cannot eat pie because of the sugar. She said, "How can you get the pie in the face, you can't eat pie." I promised to keep my mouth closed. It's pretty exciting that our small group of kids have caught the excitement of giving to missions and we could possibly hit the $700 mark by December 31.
Awesome...way to go Creek Kids!

0 comments: