Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Dad

Yesterday was a great day for me. I got to see my dad and step mom. They stopped by for a short over night visit on their way back to Michigan. We only get to see them once a year so the visit is a little too short but I'm so thankful we got to see each other. I have an amazing dad. He is a wonderful man of God who leads his family with great commitment, he's an awesome grandpa, and a loyal friend. My step mom is this terrific person who has always treated me with love and respect and as though I am one of her kids. She is also an awesome grandparent, the type we all dream about having for our kids. I wish we lived closer together! We all have "family issues" with siblings or parents, but I'm really counting my blessings when I get to see them. Hopefully, this coming summer Randy and I can get to Michigan and see my whole family. I have a sister and two brothers, three nieces and two nephews, a sister-in-law and a brother-in-law there, also. I haven't seen my Michigan siblings in four years. That visit sure blessed me and lifted my spirits. Thanks dad and Val!

0 comments: