Thursday, January 24, 2008

Busy Days Ahead...and Other Stuff

We have some fun stuff coming up that will fill the ole schedule. Saturday night is Randy's Christmas party at Hyperion Country Club which is always super yummy eats! But before we go we have an ice cream date with two of our FAV little girls to celebrate a belated birthday. Randy needs to renew his license on Saturday morning, too.

Sunday is church of coarse and Life Group and in between I have a meeting for children's church. There is a training for our "tour guides" in True North. That's the name of the Sunday morning kid's service...a very cool travel theme about our journey with Jesus. I'm looking forward to hanging out with the team and meeting more people.

Had my first experience scheduling for the nursery. Wow, it is a bigger job than I realized at first juggling so many volunteers and multiple services and outreaches but I think I got it all finished. Doesn't matter if you run a big church or small church, the nursery is always looking for more volunteers. :) It's so cool as I meet new people each week when I find out how long they have been serving at First Assembly. Of course there are several new people but I have met many who have been a part of the church for 30+ years. It's also been amazing to realize how many people we already knew.

I'm a little behind in my Bible reading so I gotta catch up. LOVING our Life Group!! Such an important part of community. Nothing beats eating together, sharing the Word and sharing life. If your church does any kind of life groups I highly recommend you get involved. There's just something about a small group of people caring for each other and having accountability where you need it.

Next week is already full with two days of meetings for church, a planned work day at Parkview and possibly going to Sioux City. I better eat my Wheaties...or something like that! We have some fun stuff, too, so it's all good. I've got lunch with my old friend Jen Yates and her sons and a trip to Build a Bear for one's birthday, a hair cut to look pretty for my man, a beading date with Keaton's pal Michelle and pizza with the Kimmers. Life is good!

I have to add...I already have so many people offering to help during my surgery time, it's so nice to have such a great group of friends. First Assembly is already getting some meals lined up and my PT taxi is ready to go. It means so much to have help for Randy to not have to worry about doing everything. I may have to make some special food requests, though. Drew made us some awesome eats last time and Angela made this incredible taco soup and of course there is always Amy's chicken and rice! Man, I just gained 3 pounds thinking about that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know if i could just shuffle over there and bring you some eats while you're recouping, i would! goodness, for all the times you fed us - and fed us CHOCOLATE CAKE! - i really owe you!

Alyseia La'Belle said...

Thank you! :) Gosh, all this work God is doing is almost overwhelming!

A Christmas Party? A little late! Or..early.