Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

2008...it's gonna be GREAT! I am beyond excited to see what God has in store for me and my family this year. The kids are in a good place in their lives. Randy is doing awesome in his classes at Simpson and is on track to graduate Cum Laude! He's a smarty mcsmarty...that's my hunky husband! Go baby! God is beginning to reveal to me His plan for us at Des Moines First Assembly. I must say that I know I have a big job ahead but I am ready to dive in. I love the direction the team at First is headed and feel so blessed to get to be a part of it. We had a team meeting with the new year's calendar being our main topic and we have some cool stuff on tap. One specific thing BBopp is planning is a summer "Creation Camp" for older elementary kids that is going to rock.

The other thing that I am excited for is my health. I am soooo ready to get this knee surgery over with and be back on track with exercising and feeling strong. Yes...I look forward to breaking out the size 8's again but more importantly I look forward to feeling better. I found out that my new surgeon orders home health care for your first two weeks of physical therapy as to not risk a slip on the ice traveling to PT. Great idea but I hope my neighbors don't think I'm being murdered by all my shouts and groanings! Can't wait to start lifting again and getting some muscle tone back.

2007 had some wonderful events and new friendships that I am so thankful for. It had some tough times and great heartache, too, but I am thankful for the life lessons and spiritual growth through those times. I am thankful for every child that I had the opportunity to minster to and pray that some of the things that I taught will stick with them forever. I know they taught me much, too, and I will never forget our times together. We went to lunch with BBopp and his wife Kathy after church and the hostess at the restaurant recognized me from the little church in Waukee that we were at when we started JCFC. I didn't recognize her at first but quickly realized who she was even though she is now a young teenager. She had attended the church only a few times with another family but was so happy to see me and Randy. It helped me to remember that no matter how much or how little time we have with the people God brings into our lives we still can make a difference.

2 comments:

Mrs. W said...

I'm so glad you found a great place to minister! Here's to health and happiness in 2008!

Alyseia La'Belle said...

So you've found a new home church?? This is wonderful news! Can't wait to see how God chooses to bless others through you.