Friday, January 25, 2008

Memories

There is something so special about a handwritten note or letter that touches me. I was going through our file of legal-type papers looking for my birth certificate and came across a letter my dad had sent when Micaela was having her 3rd birthday. Now it's not unusual for me to save notes and cards as I have every note, card or letter Randy has written me in the 28 years we've been together, but I'm not sure why this letter was saved. It was interesting to me how just seeing my dad's handwriting stirred my emotions and memories.

In this culture of e-mail, cell phones and text messaging, the handwritten note is almost obsolete. I've always tried to write notes of encouragement or thanks as a regular habit because it's something I love receiving. Of course it may have something to do with my primary love language being words of affirmation. :) I have a couple of boxes of stuff I've saved over the years and have enjoyed looking through them from time to time especially if I'm going through a struggle. I need to find a better way of preserving them.

Who has been on your heart lately? Is God prompting you to pray for someone or reach out in a new friendship? Take a moment to write down what you are praying for them and send it. An e-mail is better than nothing but maybe you could get some cards and have something on hand to send. Even if the person isn't a sentimental goof like me, I know it will bless them! For you my dear friends..."I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

0 comments: