Monday, December 31, 2007

Great First Day

My first official day on the Des Moines First Assembly team went great. It was BUSY in the nursery but we had fun...even with a few fussies. It was wonderful to have the whole Stinson fam visit!! Julianna came in like she had been there many times. She was so cute and I got some good hugs. Of course, it rocked to see Mary, too. She is getting soooo tall and even more beautiful.

My head is already spinning with some ideas to go from great to fantastic. All the gals who volunteered were so helpful and glad to have a new leadership. The gal who left had done a very good job so I have some big shoes to fill. The only reason she left is because she has three little ones herself and it was just too much time from her family.

It was also cool that many of the staff that I hadn't talked to since coming on board made it a point to stop by and welcome me to the team. I thought that was so nice since they all have busy schedules on Sunday, too. Made me feel at home already. I'd say the first day was a success!

3 comments:

Chef Stinson Family said...

We LOVED being there and Jules had a great time. We almost have her saying "Lori" - by next Sunday she should have it down! Take care and have a great week!

~A

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! That is where I first started volunteering for children's ministry and I loved it. :) Have a Happy New Year!

Truders said...

Glad to hear your first Sunday went great!!