Monday, December 17, 2007

Feeling Old or Maybe Well Seasoned...That's My Excuse!

Oh my-lan-ta! I had one of those "feel old" moments while working at school today. I had a class of 6th graders come into the computer lab and I saw this kid and knew I had to know him from somewhere. I just couldn't place him for sure. You know, I meet so many kids between churches I have ministered at, church camp for 13 years, Junior Bible Quiz for 13 years and working at a public school for 9 years, and various preaching opportunities. After I gave the class all their instructions, I asked the young man what his name was and he replied, Nathan. The light bulb came on....he was just a little guy when I last saw him at Berean where he would occasionally come with his grandparents. I said, "Oh, I know you! You used to visit Berean and I used to be one of the kid's workers there." He looked right at me and said, "Oh yeah, you're Pastor Lori!" What is kinda funny is that when I knew him, I wasn't officially a pastor yet but he always called me that anyway. I love it when I get "reunited" with my old kids, even though it made me feel a little "well seasoned."

My other moment today came at the post office. I stopped to mail a ministry class I finished and the post office was a ZOO!!! The line was moving fairly fast but I noticed that most everyone had either many packages or a stack of 500 cards. I had one manila envelope so when I got to the counter, and without thinking mind you, I said to the nice gentleman, "I'm easy!" He smiled and said, "You better not say that too loud." I about died! I was stammering and trying to clarify myself with, "No, No, I meant easy as in I have one envelope!" I was beet red, of course! My age must be having an affect on my speech...or something like that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh PL, CRACK ME UP!!! I would have died, melted into the floor, or something :)

Truders said...

That is hilarious!! I'm sure I would have turned beat red too.

Dara said...

that cracked me up!

Alyseia La'Belle said...

Oh my goodness!! That's so funny, but how incredibly embarrassing!!!

amain said...

And this is why we are friends...
I can absolutely imagine myself saying something like that...YIPES!!!