Sunday, December 02, 2007

Church Visit

It's still kinda weird just going to church and not preaching, moving things or knowing everyone that's there, but it has been enjoyable experiencing different congregations and preaching styles. Today, we were at First Assembly of God and saw some familiar faces including Shanna Kempers' parents, Scott and Lynette. We have been there enough that it wasn't totally unfamiliar. I stopped by kid's church to see my good friend Pastor BBopp. He's such a great guy and a very anointed children's pastor.

Pastor Dave Beroth preached a wonderful message about finding joy. Randy and I talked about the service and both got something different from it but were both encouraged and challenged. It was great to see Pastor Christine, too. She is their Connections pastor and was super excited to see us. Although Randy was a little bent out of shape that she gave me a big hug and not him! You know Randy, Mr. Huggy. :)

My Friday date with my old buddy Amy G. had to be postponed until tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to that. We took advantage of the bad weather and had Keaton to ourselves for part of the weekend. Always great to spend time with the boy! I cooked a big ole breakfast Saturday morning and a slammin' good pot of chili for dinner! Cold, nasty weather always makes me want to cook.

1 comments:

Alyseia La'Belle said...

That's so wonderful that you have familiar faces everywhere you go. I know that would help me feel a little more at home. :)

I hear you all got some nasty weather up there. I hope you're surviving well!