Thursday, December 13, 2007

Changes

It appears that the Lord is bringing about some changes once again in our lives. Sometimes when you have a decision to make, it is black or white, obviously yes or no, or doesn't take much thought. A very wise man that we know once gave Keaton some advise about a decision that didn't have an obvious answer. He said to pray, step out, proceed in faith and ask God to close the door if it needs to be closed. Go until God says yes or says no...put some feet to your faith. Randy and I are in one of those spots right now. I am going to step out and see what God has in store. I trust that His ways are higher than mine, His plan is better than anything I could ever ask for or dream and that He sees in me possibilities that are yet to be discovered. I am being reminded that when God gives you a vision you need to remain focused on that vision and He will take care of all the details of getting there. When we think we know how to achieve the vision, God may remind us that His plan to get there may be different than what you thought. If I stay close to Him, He will continue to use me. My vision for the children of the Des Moines area is still the same...the journey has just been updated! I used to dread change, I'm learning to embrace it.

1 comments:

Jena said...

that is such a great message!