Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happenings

I finally connected with my pal Amy G. on Monday. She is one of those friends who you may not see forever but can pick up talking like you just saw them yesterday! So good to spend a couple hours catching up and encouraging each other.

Tuesday was my first day back on the job in the Ankeny Schools. I filled in for a study hall teacher for the whole day. It went well but I'm sure not cut out to do that every day all day long. Too quiet!! It looks like I will be able to work as many hours as I want, which is good. Back at my old school all next week!

This morning I was at Des Moines Christian for chapel. Our Big Idea was, "Serving isn't just for a season!" It was fun to have the principal, Mr. Lambert, be my helper. I think the kids enjoyed seeing him being a good sport. Got to see some of the JCFC kids which was a real treat. They are all such good huggers! Randy and I will be back to DMC on Saturday as stand in grandparents for Adele for Grandparent's Day. We are so honored to be invited and are really looking forward to it.

Tonight, I'm supposed to have dinner with another old friend, Jenn Y. She and I worked together at the school and have stayed close. She has two sweet baby boys but we are leaving them home tonight!

4 comments:

amain said...

WE LOVED HAVING YOU AT CHAPEL!!!
And you KNOW God is Good when Owen S. can be quiet for an entire 30 minutes:)
Lisi has been doing "reindeer antlers" all night~ super cute:)
Man, do I miss you Pastor Lori!

Anonymous said...

PL, I miss you too. When you get some time, let's do lunch :) Glad to hear chapel was good! I was thinking of you today!

Lori Eilers said...

I miss you all too...more than you can know. Owen is a DOLL! If he comes up missing it's cuz I stole him. :) I guess I shouldn't kid about such things! Wish I could have seen all the adults in the back of chapel to make sure they were doing reindeer antlers, too! Lisi Lou Lou rocks!

Jena said...

We love you!