Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Tree

We put up the Christmas tree and finally got it all decorated. One of my favorite things about our tree is that I have, over the years, been given all kinds of ornaments from "my kids." It brings back such great memories and I always look forward to receiving new ornaments each year to add to my collection. Some are homemade, some are store bought, some are fancy and all are loved and appreciated! After being in ministry for about 20 years, you can imagine the assortment! This year, I thought about how different Christmas will be with not having a church home yet. Then I remembered that the Adair family gave me a beautiful ornament as a going away gift on my last day at JCFC! It looks great on the tree and has a sweet message on it, "A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart."

Our tree will never be one of those fancy "theme" trees cuz I just can't part with all the sentimental favs. You know; Baby's First Christmas, the Our First Christmas Together one and all those funny ones your kids pick out for you. I must be getting old...I feel all sappy!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I love Christmas ornaments, that is our tradition each year we get a new one. So our tree may not be the prettiest either with the hodge podge but I love it.