Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gainfully Employed

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go! I'm all set to be a sub associate for the Ankeny School District and have my first gig next Tuesday at the high school. I'm booked to work a whole week at Parkview Middle School actually filling in for the gal who replaced me when I left to work for the church. Should be fun to teach with my buddy Jim, the computer teacher who I directly worked with and shared an office.

Plus, I'm super excited to be speaking at chapel for Des Moines Christian next Wednesday, December 5. I just love going there and I'll get to see some familiar faces!

I have gotten a couple calls for possible ministry opportunities but am carefully waiting on direction from the Lord before I make any decisions. It is nice to have some possibilities, though!

7 comments:

Angela said...

"Our God Is an Awesome God" He does answer prayers in His perfect timing doesn't He? We will keep praying for the perfect place for you.

becky said...

Congrats! We are so happy to hear that!

Unknown said...

yee HAW! no matter what you do vocationally, you'll always be Pastor Lori to us. :-) especially as long as you have that red minivan!

Truders said...

We'll keep praying that God will give you direction. He's a God that has everything laid out for you and it's got to be in His perfect timing. Be still and know He is God.

Alyseia La'Belle said...

Look who it is! I'm so happy to hear you've found some work! I'll be praying for God to bless you, as you've blessed me and obviously several others.

And I miss you and your wonderful family already!

Lori Eilers said...

Yeah, Lis. We miss you, too. You helped make Thanksgiving a special weekend. :)

Thanks all for your encouragement!

Anonymous said...

YAY! We are so glad for you :)